I saw this wonderful cause over on Vera Yates Blog which is now in its 5th year.
The Caring Hearts Card Drive is all about collecting Christmas Cards to give to the elderly
who live in nursing homes.
The drive is run by Vera and Jennifer McGuire in the US and there are two Canadian ladies also distributing to nursing homes throughout Canada.
I am delighted to be the Australian contact for all the Aussie card makers who would
like to be a part of this wonderful event. Your cards will go to nursing homes throughout Australia.
Here are all the details from Vera's blog -
We all love making cards and what’s better than knowing our creations can bring a smile to others, right?
A few important details:
- This card drive will be going until November 28, 2014. We need to receive your card by November 28, 2014.
- Please make the cards for Christmas or Holiday Wishes. Anyone can send a card, your children, church group, scout troops, etc.
- All cards need to have a message inside (it can be stamped or hand written).
- Please sign your name on the card and where you are from.
- Please include an envelope for each card and please don't seal the envelope.
- Please stick to just cards -standard size with a matching envelope.
- And please don't use any pins (for safety reasons).
- This is totally optional....but if you'd like to include $1 or $2 to help with shipping, it'll be much appreciated. We cover the shipping cost ourselves, with no sponsor, so any donation toward shipping would help tremendously.
Australian card makers please mail your cards to -
c/o Gilston State School
588 Worongary Rd
GILSTON QLD 4211
- In each package, PLEASE include THIS SUBMISSION FORM. This helps us in keeping track for prizes! For each card you send, you will get a chance to win. So the more cards you send, the better your chances.