Woohoo - It's that time of the year again:)
Time for crafters all over the world to create beautiful Christmas Cards to be received by Nursing Home Residents to brighten up their Christmas.
I'm so happy to be part of this wonderful venture again (now in its 6th year).
Here is some more info from Vera's blog ...
"The purpose of our card drive is to collect holiday cards for the elderly who live in nursing homes. I started this card drive 6 years ago, in 2010 in honor of my mom. That first year, we collected 750 cards. And each year it continues to grow bigger. Last year we received over 17,000 cards and branched out to Australia!! It was such an amazing year.
Jennifer McGuire and I are excited to continue this journey and we are really hoping that we can bring holiday cheer to many, many more nursing homes.
We have a few ladies helping us in collecting the cards. Tina Schrof is working with Jennifer in collecting the cards. Since international shipping is expensive, those of you in Canada can mail your cards to Anita or Caroline and they'll distribute the cards. And, for those of you in Australia, you can send to Linda. :)
The holidays are about family, kindness, and joy. During this time many of the elderly who live in nursing homes would perhaps feel lonely and be missing their family. Wouldn't it be so awesome if we could bring a smile to their face & brighten their holiday season simply by sharing our love of card making? A simple gesture to let them know that they are not forgotten. That someone is thinking of them.
We all love making cards and what’s better than knowing our creations can bring a smile to others, right? Some helpful people have already agreed to help us deliver the cards to selected nursing homes.
A few important details:
- This card drive will be going on from October 3 to November 27, 2015. We need to receive your card by November 27, 2015.
- Please make the cards for Christmas or Holiday Wishes. Anyone can send a card, your children, church group, scout troops, etc.
- All cards need to have a message in it (it can be stamped or hand written).
- Please sign your name and where you are from.
- Please include an envelope for each card and please don't seal the envelope.
- Please stick to just cards (standard size A2 or 4-1/4" x 5-1/2")
- And please don't use any pins (safety reason).
- This is totally optional. But, if you'd like to include $1 or $2 to help with shipping, it'll be much appreciated. We cover the shipping cost ourselves, with no sponsor, so any donation toward shipping would help tremendously.
You can mail the cards to:
- Vera Yates, 1314 Roy St., Houston, TX 77007
- Tina Schrof , 185 W. Pugh Drive, Springboro, OH 45066
- Linda Langes, c/o Gilston State School, 588 Worongary Road, GILSTON QLD 4211, Australia
- Piney-fine, Attn: Anita, P.O. Box 30, Piney, MBR0A 1 K0, Canada
- Caroline Bredeson, 7 Brown Street, Ottawa, ON K1S 1L9, Canada
In each package, PLEASE include THIS SUBMISSION FORM. This helps us in keeping track for prizes! For each card you send, you will get a chance. So the more cards you send, the better your chances.
To thank you for your generosity in supporting this drive, we have several PRIZES ready for several winners. There will be many winners and remember… the more cards you send the better your chances. :)
I'll update the prize list as more prizes come in. And a huge thank you to all the fabulous, generous companies who support this card drive by donating awesome prizes."
Head to Vera's Blog to check out the AMAZING list of prizes.
Also Aussie cardmakers it would be awesome if you could Download these CHCD Labels and stick one on the inside of your handmade cards. I feel that helps the recipients understand a little better why they are receiving the card.
Please share the details of the Caring Hearts Card Drive on your own blogs and on social media.
Let's make 2015 bigger and better and bring Christmas joy into the hearts of many, many Nursing Homes around the world.