Woohoo - It's that time of the year again:)
Time for THE CARING HEARTS CARD DRIVE.
Time for crafters all over the world to create beautiful Christmas Cards to be received by Nursing Home Residents to brighten up their Christmas.
I'm so happy to be a part of this wonderful venture again (now in its 7th year).
Last year in Australia we collected 1100 cards to go to Nursing Home residents and worldwide over 22 000 cards were received in 2015.
The CHCD was started by Vera Wiriana Yates in 2010 in honour of her Mum and every year it gets bigger and bigger. In Vera's own words -
We all love making cards and what’s better than knowing our creations can bring a smile to others, right?"
- *Linda Langes, c/o Gilston State School, 588 Worongary Road, GILSTON QLD 4211, Australia
- *Deb McCleary, PO Box 213, HEIDELBERG. VIC. 3084
Also Aussie card makers it would be awesome if you could Download these CHCD Labels and stick one on the inside of your handmade cards.
I feel that helps the recipients understand a little better why they are receiving the card.
A few important details:
- Please make the cards for Christmas or Holiday Wishes. Anyone can send a card - your children, church group, scout troops, etc.
- All cards need to have a message inside (it can be stamped or hand written).
- Please sign your name and where you are from.
- Please include an envelope for each card and please don't seal the envelope.
- Please stick to just cards (with a matching sized envelope)
- And please don't use any pins (safety reason).
- This is totally optional. But, if you'd like to include $1 or $2 to help with shipping, it'll be much appreciated. We cover the shipping cost ourselves, with no sponsor, so any donation toward shipping would help tremendously.
For each package, please Download this Caring Hearts Form, fill out your details and include it with your cards. This helps us in keeping track for prizes!
For each card you send, you will get a chance at a prize. So the more cards you send, the better your chances.
To thank you for your generosity in supporting this drive, we have several PRIZES ready for several winners.
There will be many winners and remember… the more cards you send the better your chances. :)
Head to Vera's Blog to check out the AMAZING list of prizes.
Aaaaaand this year you can purchase 3 amazing stamp sets from Sugar Pea Designs in support of the Card Drive
Please share the details of the Caring Hearts Card Drive on your own blogs and on social media.
Let's make 2016 bigger and better and bring Christmas joy into the hearts of many, many Nursing Homes around the world.